Thursday, November 19, 2009

Health Ads that use Fairy Tales

It was interesting to see that a surprising amount of ads about health used fairy tale motifs. Then again, maybe it isn't.

Click on any image to make it larger.

Some non-smoking ads:

Advertising Agency: Love Communications (Salt Lake City, USA)


For the Steps Towards Life Foundation campaign:

"Keep their fairytales away from hospital."

Advertising Agency: Grey (Bucharest, Romania)


Warnings about unexplained childhood deaths:

"Unfortunately, some fairy tales never reach their happy ending. Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood can occur after a child's first birthday."

Advertising Agency: Della Femina (New York, USA)


Warnings against not immunizing your children:

"Don't let one risk hide another."

From Air Agency


Unimil Condoms (Poland):

"Discover pleasure."


Durex:



Aids Awareness:



Anti-Smoking ads:

2 comments:

  1. The impotent Prince Charming one made me laugh.

    And maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get the "keep their fairytales out of hospital" ads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t either actually. I included it because I thought the artwork was sad and thought provoking, but I don’t really get what the point is. I tried to look up the foundation, but I didn’t come across anything either.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?