Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A quick Rant

Sorry for the interruption, but I need to rant for a second about a few issues.

1. Glenn Beck, please kill yourself. Shamelessly making comparrisons of a child’s rape to universale health care coverage is not fucking okay. Never. Ever. Okay.

2. The ridiculous “outrage” over President Obama bowing to the Japanese Emperor is such bull shit. Nixon bowed to the Japanese Emperor for Christ’s sake. Obama’s bow does not mean he think America is subservient to Japan. Read a book people.

(And do people really think Obama is the more embarrassing president ever? WOW.)

3. Then there’s the Newsweek Palin cover. Oh. My. God. Really? This is the sexist issue we’re going to talk about? Look, did Newsweek pick this picture because Sarah Palin is a hot woman in jogging clothes? Maybe. And let’s be honest, that was probably part of the reason. Was that the only reason they chose this picture? Probably not. I’m guessing it has more to do with the fact the picture makes Palin look quite buffoon-ish (especially with the flag) and that’s ultimately the point Newsweek was trying to make.

I wish Sarah Palin would take her own advice to Hillary Clinton and just “plow through it” and “accept that sharper microscope.”

4. Utah congressman Jason Chaffetz actually thinks Carrie Prejean would make a good elected official. I don’t even have the words.

I could go on but I think I’m my head is about to explode.

1 comment:

  1. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHH!!!

    Try screaming. I feel better already!

    The bow thing is ridiculous. Since when is it ridiculous to show a host culture a little respect?

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?