Monday, November 9, 2009

Simple Explanation of the Stupak Amendment

If you are curious as to what this Stupak Amendment that everyone has been talking about, this video does a good job of summing it up simply:



I got to admit I don’t really understand the argument that Joe brings up (that Catholics don’t want their tax dollars potentially going towards abortions). As Rep. Weiner the Hyde Amendment is already included in the health care bill.

But more importantly, why do these people get such power over their tax dollars? I really want to know. The information would be useful for when I don’t want my tax dollars being used on wars, bank bailouts, or putting non-violent drug offenders in prison.

The reality is any health care reform that doesn’t give women comprehensive reproductive health benefits falls short and this is further proof that the two party system is failing us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?